Chinese Culture >> Travel Reviews >> Top Beaches in the World
The lure of the bronze sun, vast azure skies and the endless blue-green oceans on a tropical paradise beach resort make for a perfect holiday destination. With hundreds of beautiful beaches to choose from, some have been given the distinction of being the best beaches in the world. Some of these resorts are listed below.
1) Ka'anapali, Hawaii One of the most populated, popular, and best beaches in Maui, Hawaii, Ka'napali is a paradise on earth. It is located in West Maui, two miles north of the historic whaling town of Lahaina and is surrounded by numerous elegant hotels and condominiums. The beach is three miles long and is full of fun-filled activities where you can snorkel, windsurf, jet-ski, parasail and even kayak. It is divided into two separate long stretches by a massive 300 foot cinder cone Pu'u Keka' known as the Black Rock. The rock divides the sand in two and swimmers find themselves bathing in deep water. The rugged lava coastline around the Rock is also an outstanding snorkeling spot, one of the best on the island. Swimming in the crystal clear waters is safe throughout the year but best outside the season of high winter surfs.
2) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA With 60 miles of pristine beach, Myrtle Beach water sports and Myrtle Beach fishing are the finest among the different beaches in America. Besides lazing and tanning in the tropical sun, the soft wide beach provides ample opportunities for swimming, surfing, parasailing, shell collecting and volleyball.
Although your fun begins at the beach, always the most popular attraction, there is plenty more to do at Myrtle Beach. Besides beautiful beaches, it has delectable food, amusement parks, variety of shopping malls, lively nightlife and adventure sports. With hundreds of attractions, both indoors and outdoors, Myrtle Beach offers fun and excitement for all ages to enjoy.
This beautiful beach resort has more than 100 professional golf courses, a NASCAR sanctioned track, minor league baseball as well as tennis. You can take a deep sea fishing adventure from eight different piers or fish the backwaters and creeks all the way from Little River to Pawley's Island on the South Carolina coast. Moreover, there is a wildlife sanctuary where you are likely to spot alligators and deer combined with several boat tours to give you a real feel of the place.
3) Cancun, Mexico Cancun is truly known as the vacation haven of the 21st century with gorgeous beaches of white sands and turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. Having started off as a fishing village of only 120 people, Cancun is now a bustling beach resort with a population of half a million and a tourist onslaught of more than two million a year. One of Mexico's popular and best beaches it features world class resorts, hotels, clubs and malls. It offers something for people of all ages whether it an all-day fun at the beach or an isolated, tranquil island. It is close to Miami and has a number of activities to choose from like parachuting, jet-skiing, scuba-diving and golf. Topless bathing is an accepted activity in and around the surrounding areas of Cancun.
With striking modern hotels along the beach front and a lively nightlife, it is a fantastic getaway for the weary traveler. It encloses a huge lagoon, with water on both sides. Also, much of the Yucatan is easily accessible from here. There are two quite separate parts to Cancún: the zona commercial downtown which houses the shopping and residential centre and the zona hotelera - a string of hotels and tourist amenities around the Cancún Island. This is a narrow strip of sandy beach connected to the mainland at each end by causeways.
4) Montego Bay, Jamaica Montego Bay is known for its long sandy stretch of bay with miles of coral reef and some of the most beautiful and best beaches in the world. Montego Bay is Jamaica's second largest city and rests between the gently sloping hills of Bogue, Kempshot and Salem. It extends approximately ten miles from the suburban rich area of Reading at its western edge to the plush villas and resort hotels of Ironshore and Rose Hall to the east.
Montego Bay is made up of two distinct parts - The Gloucester Avenue now called the Hip Strip and the city proper or the downtown.
All along the coastline are beautiful luxury hotels with three main public beaches which offer all amenities and several water sports. For a quieter and tranquil atmosphere you can head to the white sandy beaches of the Caribbean Beach Park, east of the town of Ironshore.
Montego Bay offers a wide variety of entertainment and sporting activities. From fun on the beach to the delicious food served at the waterfront, white water rafting and adventure sports, catamaran rides and fishing charters, it has it all.
5) Phuket, Thailand Sand between your toes, stunning tropical sunsets, cold drink in your hand and warm blue inviting seas - this is picture perfect Phuket. This island is known for its silky soft beaches, superb oriental hospitality and great value accommodation. You can go diving in the Andaman Sea, golfing at championship courses or indulge in exciting eco-adventures in the tropical forest of Phuket. Take an exhilarating speedboat trip to surrounding islands or a serene cruise around mystical Phang Nga Bay, or simply enjoy Phuket's vibrant nightlife in Patong Beach.
Known as the Pearl of the Andaman, Phuket is a large island in the Indian Ocean. The surrounding waters contain much varied marine life and the town is known for its quaint Sino-Portuguese architecture. It is a very attractive island for sightseeing with lovely seashores and forested hillsides.
About the Author
William Brister - http://www.travelonguide.com - The Top 5 Beaches