In an analysis of the cities that Americans move to the most,
Move, Inc. came up with the top 5 cities. Chicago, Houston, Austin, Los Angeles
and Atlanta are the top 5 cities that people are moving to the most. Move's
Trend Spot brought out the trends of these top 5 cities in its April issue with
a special focus on the cities and a starter home available in each one of them.
1. A good find - Chicago, Illinois: Home prices are still affordable and
reasonable in this windy city. Just outside of Chicago is this Cape Cod-styled
starter home that is loaded with a lot of personality and functionality that one
can enjoy. Built in 1942, this house features three bedrooms, two bathrooms, oak
floors, a dining room, a pool, a full basement and much more. This Chicago home
is priced at $219,900.
2. A complete home - Houston, Texas: Located in the city where jobs are plenty, this two-story home built in 2001 has features that include five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a game room, slate tile floors, high ceilings, Energy Star appliances, an island kitchen and a fireplace. The house also has beautiful landscaping with sprinklers and lighting, a water softener and purification system and a two-car garage. The master suite features double sinks, a separate shower and a bathroom with whirlpool tub.
3. Home for entertainers - Austin, Texas: Your guests will love this home as much as you would love entertaining them. A beautiful home that has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a dining room, a game room, a great curb appeal, a backyard with covered patio, extensive tile on lower level, a fireplace, a two-car garage, and designer ceiling fans. The home was built in 2004 and is priced at $192,500. Homebuyers can enjoy the low taxes of this city.
4. Old-fashioned charm - Los Angeles, California. A home that gives you a western feel and takes you back to the charms of yesteryears. This starter home built in 1950 costs $527,000 and has 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, original oak wood floors and a complete retro kitchen among other features. The home is located close to three freeways and is just walking distance from the local elementary school, shops and grocery stores.
5. Down home charm - Atlanta, Georgia. Located in a city where the construction rate is high, this $169,000 bungalow-style home offers you down-home comfort. The home has a front porch and features include four bedrooms, two bathrooms, two fireplaces, hardwood floors and a dining room.
About the Author: