iPod Mini Review
Music And Everything In A Box
There are two almost identical generations of the mini iPod, the difference is with their battery capacity and storage. They are both 3.6 by 2.0 by 0.5 inches and weighs 102grams. The case composes of anodized aluminum. The five first generation colors of mini iPod were green, blue, pink, silver and gold. Because of the unpopularity of the gold version, they dropped it to the second generation. In the first generation, the button labels are colored grey, in the second generation the buttons were colored matching the color of the iPod case.
The first generation battery can last up to 8 hours. The users criticized the short duration of the battery. Because of that, Apple released the second generation claiming an 18 hours of continues play. Nevertheless, the only problem with the second generation is that they no longer contain FireWire cable or an AC power adaptor. This is the reason why the price of the device was reduced.
At the bottom of the device, you can find dock connector, specifically Hi-Speed or FireWire, which connects to the computer device. The battery of the unit is being charged when connected to the computer. It has a hold switch at the top and headphone jack and a jack for connecting some accessories. It supports AIFF, WAV, AAC/M4A, MP3 and Apple Lossless audio formats. Integration to iTunes and iTunes Music Store was retained as well, allowing for true Auto-sync between the software application and the iPod mini.
Special features of the mini iPod:
- With 128 kbps AAC format that can hold up to 1000 songs
- Super lightweight music device with 6GB and 4GB
- With FireWire that is used to store data
- 138 by 110 pixel resolution, 0.22-mm dot pitch
- It weighs 103 g
- Up to 25 minutes anti skip protection
- Its audio formats support AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, AIFF, WAV and audible
iPod mini accessories:
- AV connection kit- used to connect your iPod mini to your home stereo or television. You can now share your favorite tunes, photos and movies to your loved ones.
- Radio remote- you can listen to your favorite Fm radio stations and control it with a convenient wired remote. In addition, an earphone comes up with shorter cable that perfectly fits your remote.
- Apple remote - Universal Docks support this. It is plugged in the Dock, connect to a television or stereo and be ready for a control of everything.
- Universal dock – is convenient for home charging, it also used to connect your iPod mini to home audio system. It also lets you connect your mini iPod to television for slideshow of images.
- USB power adapter- you can charge your iPod even with the connection to your computer.
- Camera connector- use to transfer photos directly to your iPod mini.
- In-ear headphones- it offers quality sounds with bass response.
- USB cable- a cord used to connect your iPod mini to your computer.